As Earth Day approaches, we are reminded of the importance of being environmentally friendly. You don’t have to eat tofu and wear all-natural fibers to green your dental routine. These 5 tips can help you keep your teeth clean and healthy while saving the environment:
- Turn off the water! Do you mindlessly brush your teeth with the water running? Turn on the water only to rinse your mouth and toothbrush.
- Go natural. Try a toothbrush made from recycled or renewable materials and recycle it when it’s time for a new one.
- Compost. Yes, you can do it! A biodegradable toothbrush (typically made of corn starch) won’t clog our landfill and can even help your garden grow.
- Slow down. Don’t brush so hard and be gentle on your gums. It will make your toothbrush last longer, saving you money and reducing waste.
- Floss! By flossing regularly, you’ll help prevent major dental work, saving you money and reducing your carbon footprint.
Take a moment to consider the changes you can make to help save the planet this year.